Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Yuntai Gardens

After Sophie's medical exam, we headed out the Yuntai Gardens.  They were absolutely beautiful!  We strolled around for a couple of hours admiring all of the flowers and water features, which Sophie especially liked.  We saw many of the same flowers we have at home and some that we have never seen before. 
 
We walked up to a greenhouse where the orchids are kept.  As we walked up, we smelled the sweet fragrance of a tea olive, and I was quickly reminded of home.  I always think of Aunt Estell and Uncle A.G. Smith when I smell the tea olive.  They had one outside their home, and it always smelled so good.  Aunt Estell shared of cutting of her tea olive with my mom a long time ago, so I still get to smell that sweet fragrance every summer. 
 
 

2 comments:

Renee said...

As everyday, ya'll are the highlight, go to my computer @ 5:30 every morn. to see what is new. This has been an exciting journey for me as well, just feeling as tho I have been with you the whole time with the beautiful pictures and notes everyday. Sophie is the sweetest thing and Becky you just look so natural with her. See you Sat. nite.

Johnnye said...

These pictures are beautiful! Just a little bit longer and you all will be home. See you Saturday nite.