Monday, April 05, 2010

Catching Up

I'm sure you are all wondering what happened to us yesterday.  I came down with a stomach bug and was out of commission for the day.  With the help of some anti-nausea meds and some cipro, I'm on the mend again.  We think it was something I ate, but there's no way to know for sure.  Thankfully, neither Bo nor Sophie has gotten sick.  We were scheduled to visit some gardens yesterday, which of course we did not visit.  I think my sickness was a blessing in disguise.  It gave Bo and Sophie some bonding time, and she let him do everything for her.
 
The next few days are going to be busy ones.  We have lots of paperwork to do, and then there's the medical exam.  We are counting down the days now until we get to come home.  We've been making a list of things we want to eat when we get there.  I'm sure there willl be plenty of food to be had, and we can't wait to see everyone!
 
I will leave you with a few more things that Sophie is doing now.
- She waves and says "bye-bye"
- She says "Baba"(father) and "Ma" ( we are guessing is Mama)
- She recognizes the playground and wants to get out of the stroller when we get near it
- She plays Peep-eye by getting behind the chair and peaking out and saying "Pie-pie"

3 comments:

Renee said...

Becky I am so glad you are feeling better. It is tough being sick and especially away from home. Cannot wait to see you Sat. nite. Hope you have a great rest of the week, Love you 3

Johnnye said...

So glad you are feeling better. Looking forward to seeing you all soon. I showed MA the pictures of Sophie standing on her head and she had to show me how she could do it too! Would love to get those two together! Love Johnnye

Wendy McDonald said...

I was worried when we didn't hear from you. So sorry you were sick. There are alot of stomach bugs going around here, too. So glad everything is progressing as schedued. Hope to see you soon!