Tuesday, January 26, 2010

LOA Day!

Today we received our LOA from Fedex! In stead of waiting on the package to be delivered to our home, I called Fedex and tracked down the truck carrying it and met them in town. I have been patient for over 3 years, so today was a well-deserved day of impatience!


This is our Fedex delivery person, Kathy, who delivered our LOA today!

After receiving the package from her, I headed to the mill so that Bo and I could sign the LOA, makes copies of it, and get it back to Fedex for delivery to our agency in California.


This what the actual LOA looks like. It basically tells us that we have been matched with our daughter and that they need confirmation from us that we want to move ahead with adoption. It only took a split second to check that box!


Bo signing in the place for the Adoptive Father's Signature.


Me signing in the place for the Adoptive Mother's Signature.


All is done! You couldn't wipe that grin off of our faces!

Now the wait for our travel invitation(TA) begins. Do you see a pattern here? Hurry up. Wait. Hurry up. Wait. This has been the story of our lives the past 4 years! Anyway, China will receive our LOA on Monday, and the countdown begins for TA. I hear the norm is 3 weeks from LOA to TA, but there have been some instances where TA was received in 2 weeks. We are hoping and praying for the latter, but with Chinese New Year just around the corner, we are more than likely looking at the end of February for TA. We are so thankful that things are moving along now. We have lots to do between now and travel!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

I am so happy for you! Congratulations!!! I live vicariously through those who are blessed to adopt. I am very ill and do not qualify...hopefully someday!

Tina said...

That is so awesome. Thanks for sharing what the LOA looks like..I cannot wait to get ours. So what did you send with the LOA...what do you do next? I would love for you to email me and tell me how you do all these next steps. (your neighbor in Trussville A:)
Tina

sh0ptildr@aol.com