Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sophie Starts 3K!

I can't believe that I am writing this....


Sophie started 3K at Monroe Academy, my alma mater, on August 11.  She is officially a Volunteer. 


She has the cheerleader uniform to prove it!

I wanted to get some pictures of Sophie before we left home, but lately we have been into making some really silly faces when Mama is trying to take pictures,  

 so we started out like this....


then we got the really big grin....
 
and I'm not sure exactly what you would call this,

but we finally were able to get a decent picture. 
Believe me, the angelic look is very misleading.  Ha!  Kidding...
She is very sweet, but very mischevious!


Sophie has been really been excited about going to her "new school", as she calls it, and we are so glad!  We had no problems getting her ready to go.  I, on the other hand, got more and more nervous the closer the time came for us to leave home.  I kept telling myself all the way there that I couldn't cry, because if I got upset, then she would get upset.  I just about lost it as we were turning into the parking lot, but I held it together.  I told Sophie to look at all of the cars and kids.  She exclaimed, "Wow!  My new school!"  We walked in, and I could tell she was a little apprehensive, but we saw a couple of friends from daycare and found something to play with, and off we went!  She LOVES it!  We are so happy!

Lily, Sophie, and Molly (her daycare buds)

When I ask her what she did at school, she tells me all about playing outside on the playground.  She tells me that she has to wait her turn to ride the merry-go-round or the see-saw, and she loves to swing.  Mrs.Cindy, Sophie's teacher, found out very quickly how much she LOVES to play outside.  This child would live outside if you would let her!  I hope she will begin to like school work as much as she does playing outside.  If she doesn't, we may be in BIG trouble!


No comments: