Sunday, June 26, 2011

What Happened to June?

Has anyone seen my June?  If you find it, please send it back!

I couldn't believe my eyes, when I opened the blog to see that it had been a whole month since I last posted.  I don't know where the time has gone, but it flew by.  I guess we've just been enjoying our expander and surgery free time so much that it just whizzed right by us.

We have had a very busy month full of family reunions,

trips to the beach,




Father's Day,

playdates,



and just hanging out at home.
Sophie's favorite place to hide ~ under the dining room table.

 
Sophie is getting to be such a big girl now.  She is potty training (I will spare you the photos :-)) and sleeping in her big girl bed.  She loves getting ready for bed because we read books to her and then she "reads" to us.  Even though she is going to be earlier, we get more cuddle time in bed with her before she falls asleep.  We LOVE that! 

Sophie's favorite book is Good Night Moon,  


and her favorite cartoon is Ni Hao, Kai Lan. 

Here she has her "safari" hat on while acting out part of a Kai Lan episode and going shopping.  She is such a funny little girl and has quite the active imagination.  It is amazing how much Chinese language and culture she is picking up from Kai Lan.   It is definitely educational for her and us! 

I promised to post some post-surgery pictures of Sophie.  Here they are.  It is remarkable to me that she has healed so well so quickly.  Dr. Bauer is a genius, and we are so thrilled with the job he has done so far. 


We have scheduled Sophie's next round of surgeries.  We go September 30 for another round of expanders, and then have another surgery to remove part of the nevus on December 15.  I know it sounds crazy to plan surgery so close to Christmas, but having it then means that she will be back to full speed by Christmas, and it will give her all of Christmas vacation to recoup before school starts back in January. 

Thanks for checking in with us.  We hope you enjoy the rest of your summer!

No comments: