Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Most Special Mother's Day Gifts

During the many Mother's Days that came and went while we waited for Sophie, I often imagined all of the sweet Mother's Day gifts that Sophie would make for me one day. On the Thursday before Mother's Day when I picked Sophie up from school, she was holding a little gift wrapped in tissue paper that had a tag on it that read, "To: Mom From: Sophie". I couldn't wait to open it, but knew that I had to wait until that very special day. The next two days passed very slowly, as I walked by the little gift numerous times. Finally the day arrived, and look what I found inside!

A sweet MOM magnet for the refrigerator


and a precious card that Sophie made for me


with the sweetest poem and Sophie's handprint inside.


The poem is a little difficult to read in the picture, so I will post it below.

Thank You, Mom

Thank you for reading me stories
And taking care of me.
Thank you for tying my shoes
And putting bandages on my knee.

Thank you for tucking me into bed
And kissing me goodnight.
Thank you so much for all your hugs
And holding my hand so tight.

Thank you for being my mommy
And that's not all I have to say.
Thank you so much for all you do
And have a Happy Mother's Day!!!


Thank you so much, Sophie, for the great Mother's Day gifts!!  I love them and you so very much!!

1 comment:

Waseem said...

like the gift ideas and all the info..i might need such info when use it for the design of Gift Card envelopes.