Thursday, March 31, 2011

Progress

We have done 2 more fills at home now, and Sophie is up to 360cc's in each expander.  We are still trying to learn the tricks of making sure the Emla cream stays in place over the ports (tape works the best) and making sure Sophie stays distracted, especially when I access the port.  She is very anxious during this time, but I pray that this will get better as we continue to do the fills.  On a positive note, I was able to get 80 cc's on our last injection, and am hopeful that I can get 100 on our fill this week.
Below are pictures of Sophie from the last two fills, the first with 280 cc's and the last with 360 cc's.  You can see a marked difference between the two.  She is still tolerating them well and does not complain about them.  I hear she shows them to everyone at school, and she tells me that she LOVES her "spanders".  We are trying to make this process as normal as possible for her, so it is music to my ears that loves her "spanders"!

I sent the first four pictures below to Dr. Bauer and his staff for an update. They say everything looks great and for us to keep on keeping on!
280 cc's




360 cc's




No comments: