Saturday, January 01, 2011

Christmas Eve

On Christmas Eve, we started out with lunch at my parents' house. It was nice that we were able to spend the day at home to finish decorating (I know. I know. It's crazy to still be decorating on Christmas Eve.) and do some baking. At 5:00, we went to church for a candlelight Christmas service. I love going every year. It's such a special service, and it allows me to relect on the real reason we are celebrating this time of year.

After the service and a quick bite of dinner, Sophie and I began to prepare to bake cookies for Santa. Sophie had never helped me bake anything before, and I had been looking forward to this night for so many years, so this was a real treat for both of us! Earlier in the year, I bought us matching just for this occasion, so we donned them and began baking our cookies!


Sophie saying, "Hurry, Mama. Hurry!"

Mixing up the dough



Big girl helping Mama stir


Doing a great job!


She wanted to get her hands in there SO bad!


So proud!



The finished product complete with glass of milk and a note to Santa!

(Right after this she started crying saying, "My cookies!". I guess she didn't want Santa to have a snack after all!

We ended the night by Bo reading 'Twas the Night Before Christmas to us. Sophie, of course, had to have a turn reading us her version of the book. I love the way she "reads" her books and makes up her own stories! Oh, and we couldn't forget to feed Santa's reindeer! (Sorry, there are no pictures. I was videoing.)
It was all so sweet, and made for such a memorable night!

No comments: