Thursday, May 13, 2010

My First Mother's Day


My first Mother's Day was very special. We woke up bright and early to get ready to drive to Selma to attend our niece, Emily's, senior recognition service at church, which was also Sophie's first time to go to church. Sophie did great and sat on Bo's knee, watching everything that was going on before falling asleep. After church we all went to lunch and then to my sister's house to relax before Emily's baccalaureate service at 2pm. We made it through most of the service with Sophie before we had to leave because she was talking a little too loudly. She loves being outside, so she didn't mind having to leave at all! The baccalaureate service was very nice, and we were so glad that we were able to go.

As I am sure every mother says, my first Mother's Day is one that I will never forget!


Aunt Beth holding Sophie for the first time


Emily and Sophie after the baccalaureate service


Nana and Pawpaw with all of their granddaughters


Amy and Emily

1 comment:

Mike and Rhonda said...

Ahhh! The joys of Motherhood. I thought about you on Sunday, so glad you had a wonderful first!