Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Day

We started out the day bright and early with breakfast at my grandmother's house. She is 92 years old and has a birthday right around the corner. All of my mother's sisters and most of their families were there for breakfast, so the house was full.

After breakfast, we drove to my older sister's house for lunch and to enjoy the rest of Christmas day. We spent the day chatting, eating, catching up with everything that is going on with my nieces and opening gifts. My brother-in-law was working, so unfortunately, we had to open gifts without him. :(

Sophie got a couple of Christmas gifts again this year. My family is always so sweet to remember her, even though she is not with us yet. My older sister and her family gave Sophie the book, The Mitten. I had never heard of the book, but I read it when we got home. It is a very cute book, and I know we will enjoy reading it to Sophie. My parents and younger sister gave Sophie her very first jewelry, a silver cross necklace. It is beautiful, and we just love it! Thanks to all of you for thinking of her and us.

We really enjoyed getting to spend the day with my sister and her family, and we hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!

Enjoy the pics!





1 comment:

Kelli said...

I ran into your journal by accident, and wanted to say hi! I'm on the west side of the bay so I'm not too far from you. I wish you nothing but success in your adoption of Sophie. I hope to be able to adopt someday as well. Have a blessed 2009 and ROLL TIDE!