Sunday, October 28, 2007

Bambi and all of his friends have come for a visit!

We live in a rural area of South Alabama and constantly have wildlife all around us. When we got home this afternoon, there were 7 deer in our yard. We have oak trees all around us, so they come to eat the acorns that are falling from the trees this time of year. They also love the Indian Hawthorns and daylillies that we have in our landscaping around our home. The Indian Hawthorns have been stripped of their leaves, and the daylillies are nowhere to be found. They even ate the geraniums right out of the pots on my front porch.

After spotting the deer this afternoon, I snuck out on the front porch to try to take pictures of five of them, but they were wise to me right away. They ran off and then stopped to look at me. If you notice in the picture, you can see 4 heads peeping up over the hill at me.

No comments: